Have you decided to go with Bluehost shared hosting for your existing or new WordPress website?
Yes, you are welcome in this post.
WordPress officially recommends Bluehost.
Bluehost is a famous and oldest hosting company since 1996.
Million of website owners are trusted Bluehost.
If you’re a start-up owner, then Bluehost is the best choice for you.
I’ve already published a full review for Bluehost and want to share more depth on Bluehost Shared WordPress Hosting Review for newbies.
Bluehost offers FREE domain registration and FREE SSL certificate now!
If you go with a more extended plan for hosting, you can save massive money for your hosting renewal.
So without wasting time, let’s get started into in-depth about Bluehost shared hosting for WordPress.
What is Bluehost Shared Hosting?
Shared hosting allows multiple users to use a single server provided by Bluehost.
Bluehost shared hosting is perfect for beginners who have a blog or small business with a limited budget.
This inexpensive web hosting from Bluehost comes with some great features, as well as few limitations.
Bluehost Shared Hosting Review- Overview:
Bluehost Shared Hosting is the best shared hosting in the market, starting at $2.75/month.
With the shared hosting, you can get some useful features such as unlimited bandwidth and storage, free domain for one year, 24/7 live support, etc.
Bluehost is also officially integrated with WordPress, so it is the ultimate choice to host your WordPress website.
Even Bluehost’s cheapest hosting plan comes with high security, backups, and a free SSL certificate to keep your site protected.
Pros of Using Bluehost Shared Hosting:
Here are the Pros of Bluehost Shared Hosting:
- Best Uptime- 99.99%:
While choosing the right web host, the Uptime should be a top priority as it makes your site accessible to the users.
An average good uptime refers to 99.93%, but Bluehost exceeds that with its 99.99% uptime.
Bluehost has been consistent with this 99.99% uptime since 2018.
- Top 5 Websites “LOAD” Speed:
After the Uptime, the second most crucial thing that you should consider is the page loading time.
Most of the time, slow loading websites translate into fewer sales.
With Bluehost, your website’s pages will load in 405ms, making your site stand out from the competitors.
- Low Introductory Pricing($3.95/month):
As I have said before in this article, Bluehost offers the cheapest shared hosting.
At $2.75/month, you get everything you need for your website, including 50GB SSD storage, a free SSL certificate, unmetered bandwidth, etc.
If you are looking for an affordable host, this is the lowest price you get anywhere.
- Good Security:
Though Bluehost comes at a low price, it doesn’t compromise on the security part.
To secure your website, Bluehost provides a free SSL certificate with each of its plans.
SiteLock is a feature of Bluehost that prevents malware attacks on your site, and CodeGuard is also a form of protection that helps you backing up your site.
- Many Integrations, Apps, and e-Commerce Features:
Bluehost brings you access to many apps and integrations that help you use the web’s popular services.
Bluehost has a single click WordPress installation Integration and other content management systems (CMS) like Drupal, Joomla, etc.
With Bluehost, you can also access a CDN that hosts your data, images, and large files faster globally.
- Official WordPress.org Recommend Host:
WordPress is the most popular website building platform, and WordPress officially recommends Bluehost.
You can use any host that you want, but choosing Bluehost is always a better option if you use a WordPress site.
● Easy to Use for Beginners:
Most of the web hosts lack a user-friendly interface, and only advanced users can use them.
But Bluehost comes with an easy-to-use cPanel, which makes your work much more manageable.
Bluehost is also perfect for advanced users, but beginners can use it without technical skills, unlike other hosts.
● 30 Days Money Back Guarantee:
If you are not sure about Bluehost’s performance, you can try it out for a few days and then ask for a refund.
Yes, Bluehost has a 30 days money back policy that lets you explore without investing much.
Make sure that you read all the terms and conditions of the refund policy carefully before you proceed.
● Customer Support:
Bluehost has a brilliant support team that works 24/7 via phone, live chat, and email.
I have personally contacted the support team, and the support associates are extremely friendly and helpful.
They give you direct answers to your queries in no time.
Cons of Using Bluehost Shared Hosting:
Bluehost performs exceedingly well, but here are the cons of Bluehost Shared Hosting:
● Higher Renewal Rates (Common in the Web Hosting Industry):
You get to use Bluehost at a low rate in the introductory period, but you have to renew your plans regularly after that.
The fee amount of a month is small, but when you subscribe for 1-3 years, it turns into a considerable amount to be paid.
● Site Migrations Are Not Free:
Most of the web hosting companies let you move your existing website to their services for free.
But Bluehost doesn’t migrate sites for free.
You have to pay a one-time fee of $149.99 that includes up to 5 website migrations, 20 email addresses, and these sites’ database files.
The fact that Bluehost charges such a significant amount for site migration can be considered a ‘con.’
Bluehost Shared Hosting Pricing Plans Comparison:
Bluehost Shared Hosting Features and Specifications:
Bluehost Shared Hosting Performance and Uptime:
● Bluehost Shared Hosting speed test results:
The most important metric of performance is speed.
Studies showed that a speed drop of 1% results in a 7% drop in conversion rate.
To create a fast website, you need to choose a fast hosting provider.
I conducted a speed test with a WordPress site to see how fast Bluehost can be.
I imported some dummy content in the test, including images, and used Pingdom to check the speed.
Here is the result:
As you can see, the site loaded in less than 2 secs, and that is almost 90% faster than all the places I tested.
To see how Bluehost would react with traffic on the site, I conducted another test with Load Impact.
Load impact sends more than 100 virtual visitors to the site, and here is how the Bluehost server reacted:
As you can notice, the server load continued to be stable with the increasing traffic.
This test shows us how quick Bluehost can perform, and now you know that it can work correctly for you.
Here is a screenshot below of the detailed view of Bluehost server uptime:
● Bluehost Server Response Time:
When you are testing a website’s speed, you measure the server’s time to upload data, including images and text.
You can use the tool called ‘Bitchatcha’ to get a more accurate result as you don’t need to upload any data with this tool.
You can also change the server’s location to test the response time in your target audience’s areas.
● Performance and Uptime:
Most of the Bluehost users have confirmed that the server performs relatively fast, and the average uptime score is 99.99%.
Even there are times when the Uptime is 100% consistent, which is fantastic!
Bluehost lets you cancel your hosting agreement without charging any cancellation fee because of the downtime.
Bluehost WordPress Shared Hosting for Start-ups:
Even if you are starting a new business and don’t have a vast budget, you can still have an efficient WordPress website.
Bluehost’s WordPress shared hosting is an affordable WordPress hosting with hundreds of WordPress themes and features.
WordPress has officially recommended Bluehost since 2005, and it comes with automatic WordPress installation in a minute.
All the WordPress plans provide features like automatic WordPress installation and updates, Microsoft 365, free SSL certificate, free domain for one year, etc.
The Bluehost WordPress shared hosting costs you as minimal as $2.95/month.
So, this WordPress shared hosting plan fits in your budget, and it also comes with a 24/7 WordPress hosting support.
Bluehost is the best hosting for WordPress, and if you want to take your WordPress site to higher levels, check out Bluehost’s WP Pro.
Bluehost Woocommerce Shared Hosting for Start-ups:
Woocommerce by WordPress is specifically designed for selling online products and services with secure payment methods.
You can easily set up your online store with the help of a free set up a call from Bluehost.
Awoocommerce shared hosting plans offer unmetered bandwidth, free SSL certificate, a free domain, auto-installation of Woocommerce, etc.
You can open your online store and customize it to sell your products and services at $6.95/month only.
Pros and Cons between Bluehost Shared Hosting vs. Managed WordPress Hosting:
Shared hosting and managed WordPress hosting are both for different budgets and requirements.
You can choose one between them by comparing their pros and cons.
Pros and Cons of Shared Hosting:
● The shared hosting is significantly cheaper than any other hosting plans.
● You can host unlimited websites at such a low cost.
● Shared hosting plans provide unlimited advertisements and no limitation on the number of visitors to the site.
● Compared to the managed hosting, the shared hosting lacks a performance boost.
● The loading time can vary as you are sharing the resources with other sites.
● You don’t get access to features like automatic updates and backups.
● The performance and security tweaks are not always WordPress oriented.
Pros and Cons of Managed WordPress Hosting:
● The server architecture and in-built caching for the server are specifically designed for WordPress, which results in better performance.
● Automatic WordPress updates help you keep your site safe and better functioning.
● The automatic backup feature lets you secure your site’s data.
● Some of the managed hosting plans present a more convenient site management dashboard.
● All customer support executives are WordPress experts.
● You get access to WordPress specific security features like malware scan, firewall, login hardening.
● Features like Staging Sites help you manage your WordPress site more effectively.
● The managed WordPress hosting plans charge way more than the shared hosting plans.
● You can only host WordPress sites.
● To ensure safety and performance, you might not be able to use some plugins available.
● Compared to shared hosting, the managed WordPress hosting plans have stricter visitor caps and site limits.
Bluehost Shared and Shared Plus Hosting Coupon:
Get Bluehost Special 66% OFF by Click This URL NOW!
How to Start Setting up Bluehost Shared Hosting Installation Step by Step:
Here is a step by step tutorial for you to set up your Bluehost Shared Hosting account.
Follow the detailed instructions of each step carefully to set up your account today.
Click here to set up your Bluehost Shared Hosting account.
Using above link, you will also get a special discount on the more extended plan you select.
Now you need to click on the option “Get Started Now.”
Then you need to choose a plan according to your budget and needs.
After that, you will have to choose a domain name for your website.
Bluehost provides a free domain name registration for one year.
Next, you need to enter and account and payment details to complete the payment process.
Once the payment is made, you will receive an email from Bluehost with all the details.
Next, Create an account on Bluehost,
You can simply log in to your cPanel with your details and install WordPress with one click.
You have installed your Bluehost shared hosting account successfully.
Do I Recommend Bluehost Shared Hosting For Start-Ups?
Yes, I highly recommend you BlueHost.
Bluehost has the best uptime and page loading speed records.
Bluehost offers numerous exciting features like strong security support, 1-click WordPress installation, 30 days money-back guarantee, etc.
Bluehost is also super affordable, and you can choose the right plan according to your budget- no matter how small it is!
Yes, Bluehost charges a bit extra for site migration and renewals, but you will know that it is worth paying that little difference once you use it.
In case you are not satisfy of Bluehost, try the 30 days money back policy.
If you don’t like Bluehost, you can cancel your agreement at any time within 30 days.
FAQs On Bluehost Shared Hosting In 2021:
Is Bluehost a good web host?
A good web host should be easy to use, budget-friendly, secure, fast, reliable, and ideal for beginners and professionals.
Bluehost has all of these qualities and more.
Bluehost makes the process of getting a website running so much easier.
Is Bluehost shared hosting fair for beginners?
Bluehost is one of the most popular web hosting out there.
Bluehost shared hosting is excellent for beginners with a limited budget.
Even as a beginner, you can set up your WordPress website and access many incredible features.
Is cloud hosting better than shared hosting?
Cloud hosting, a service that means hosting your site in the cloud.
Shared hosting is sharing one server with multiple websites.
Cloud hosting is more dynamic in terms of performance and security.
Cloud hosting is better and more expensive than shared hosting.
Is GoDaddy better than Bluehost?
GoDaddy is a decent host with excellent domain registration and tools of website building.
But Bluehost is an overall better host than GoDaddy.
Bluehost offers a better support team, features, and value for money.
Bluehost is ranked higher than GoDaddy by both users and experts.
Can you cancel Bluehost at any time?
Yes, you can cancel your agreement with Bluehost at any time within your contract period.
The refund amount will vary depending on your plan and exclude some website development costs, such as domain name registration.
How much does Bluehost cost per month?
Bluehost has a variety of plans, and each one of them has a different price.
Here are the Bluehost plans with their price range:
● Shared hosting: starts at $3.95/ month and renews at $7.99/month.
● Shared WordPress hosting: starting at $3.95/month, renews at $7.99/month.
● Woocommerce hosting: costs you $6.95/month initially and renews at $13.99/month.
● VPS hosting: starts at $18.99 monthly and renews at $29.99 monthly.
● Managed WordPress hosting: starts at $19.95 a month and gets renewed at $29.99 a month.
● Dedicated Hosting: The starting price is $79.99/month, and the renewal price is $119.99/month.
Is Bluehost cheaper than GoDaddy?
Yes, Bluehost is cheaper than GoDaddy.
Not only GoDaddy, but Bluehost is cheaper than most of the premium hosting providers.
Bluehost also gives more detailed features than GoDaddy like unlimited email addresses, free ads, and higher storage, etc.
Is Bluehost suitable for students?
Yes, Bluehost is one of the best web hosting providers for students.
Bluehost is also one of the most affordable hosts, especially for students and beginners, with some fantastic features like 99.99% uptime, 1-click WordPress installation, 24/7 support team, etc.
What control panel does Bluehost provide?
All the Bluehost accounts include the popular industry-leading cPanel control panel.
The cPanel is well classified and helps you manage your website efficiently with features such as security, backup, themes, etc.
You can also customize the cPanel according to your website’s requirements.
Does Bluehost offer a money-back guarantee?
Bluehost does offer 30 days money-back guarantee.
If you cancel your agreement within 30 days, Bluehost will refund you the money except for the domain registration charge.
In this way, you can also keep the domain name.
What is Bluehost India?
The EIG group has added Bluehost India recently to provide localized hosting to Indian users.
Bluehost India offers best-hosting services in India, including Windows hosting, cloud hosting, WordPress hosting, etc.
Does Bluehost include domain privacy?
Bluehost comes with a service called “Domain Privacy” that hides your details from the public WHOIS database.
You can be the owner of a domain and still keep your information safe and hidden.
How much does Bluehost cost per year?
It depends on which plan you choose for your site.
You should know that Bluehost will charge for a 36-months contract.
You have already read the monthly charge, so now you know how much you will have to pay for a 3-year contract.
If you want to pay only for one year, then Bluehost will charge you $4.95/month for the shared hosting, making it $59.40 for a year.
What programming languages does Bluehost support?
Bluehost supports seven programming languages, including:
● Ruby on Rails
Does Bluehost offer VPS hosting?
Yes, Bluehost provides VPS hosting.
There are three VPS hosting packages that Bluehost offers:
● Standard VPS hosting
● Enhanced VPS hosting
● Ultimate VPS hosting
What RAM or memory does Bluehost offers in shared hosting?
Bluehost business and performance pro plans come with 4GB and 6GB RAM, respectively.
Both of these plans also give unmetered storage.
You can also migrate to cloud hosting to get more storage once your business grows.
What are the steps to enable SSH from Bluehost shared hosting cPanel?
Bluehost is one of those very few brands that provide SSH access to shared hosting accounts.
Here is how you can enable SSH on your shared hosting cPanel:
● Login to your Bluehost account, and you will land on your home page.
● Then give a click on ‘cPanel‘ and browse to security.
● Next, click on the ‘SSH/ shell access,’ and you will land on the SSH management page.
● After that, click on ‘Manage SSH access,’ It will take you to a page where you can easily enable or disable the SSH access.
● Next, if your account is verified, then the SSH access will be enabled, and if you don’t have a verified account, you will need to complete the verification first.
What are the benefits of caching on Bluehost shared hosting?
There are few benefits of enabling caching on your website.
● Caching enhances the speed and performance of your website.
● The user experience gets better.
● Cache cuts down the server load.
● It also boosts the SEO ranking as faster websites rank higher.
How to add a new hosting account on Bluehost shared hosting configuration?
Here is a step by step tutorial of how you can add a new account on Bluehost shared hosting configuration.
Login to your Bluehost account and go to the cPanel.
Click on the ‘Create Package‘ and fill in the following fields.
● New Package Name:
Enter the name of the new account.
I suggest you keep the name real to details, offering, and restrictions of the package.
○ Quota (MB)– Anything more than 1. This is in megabytes form, so for 1 GB, you need to enter 1024.
○ Bandwidth (MB)– Anything more than 1. (I suggest you keep this a high number as bandwidth refers to the amount of information shared).
○ Max FTP account- Keep it 100 or more. (Max FTP accounts refer to the total number of FTP accounts that can be established).
○ Max Email account- Enter the maximum number of email lists customers can create on their hosting account.
○ Max Database- The number of MySQL and PostgreSQL databases that can be created. (Only 1000 tables per database)
○ Max Sub Domains- Keep the number the same as the number of Addon domains. (You will not be able to change the limits later)
○ Max Parked Domains- The domains with a different domain name but showed the same website are called the parked domain.
○ Max Addon domains- Many domain names of a joint account that display different content.
● Advanced settings:
You can enable or disable the following settings according to your hosting package.
○ CGI Access- Enables CGI scripts to run on the customer account.
○ SSH Access- To enable or disable SSH access for customers.
○ Frontpage Extensions- To allow Microsoft Frontpage to use its extension.
○ Feature List- To create a feature list for your customers. You can make them any time from your WHM panel
○ Locale- To set default languages for customers from different countries.
Once you complete defining all the package’s limitations, you can click on the ‘Add‘ button to finish it.
That’s it. You have done it.
How to edit PHP configuration on Bluehost shared hosting?
Before upgrading your PHP version, you should always check your site’s compatibility against the new version.
If you have a WordPress website, you can use the PHP compatibility checker plugin.
To change the PHP configuration on your website, follow these steps:
● First, log in to your cPanel and go to the side navigation menu to click on the “Advanced” tab.
● Then go to the software section and click on the “MultiPHP Manager” icon.
● Now select the PHP version that you want to use and click on “Save Changes” and “Apply” to complete it.
What are the Bluehost DNS name servers for Shared Hosting?
To host your website or manage your domain, you need the name servers of Bluehost.
The name servers are:
You can also use the IP addresses of the name servers:
How much cost for Bluehost Indian shared hosting?
Bluehost Indian shared hosting offers different plans with different pricing:
● Basic Plan– Rs. 199.00/month.
● Plus Plan– Rs. 299.00/month.
● Choice Plan– Rs. 299.00/month. (On a discount)
● Pro Plan– Rs. 859.00/month.
Is Bluehost shared hosting slow?
No, Bluehost shared hosting is not slow at all.
But in case if you are facing problems regarding your website’s speed, here are a few things that can help you:
● Activate Cloudflare and PHP 7.3 in the cPanel.
● Get a caching plugin with CND.
● Don’t use any heavy plugins on shared hosting.
● Optimize your images, database, and fonts.
What are the steps to fix a slow loading Bluehost website?
I can recommend you 13 ways of fastening your Bluehost website.
You can try them, and I assure your website will not be slow anymore.
1. Measure your slow server response time.
2. Find the Bottlenecks in GTmetrix.
3. Upgrade your PHP to the latest 7.3 version.
4. Activate Cloudflare’s CND.
5. Configure a Cache plugin.
6. Find the slow loading plugins and fix them.
7. Make the images load faster.
8. Combine Google font files.
9. Remove the junk files from your WordPress database.
10. Don’t use a slow page builder on shared hosting.
11. Remove bloats from WordPress
12. Optimize the third-party scripts.
13. Think about moving to Cloudways.
Conclusion About Bluehost Shared Hosting Review In 2021:
If you are looking for a low cost for a shred hosting provider for WordPress, Bluehost is the perfect place.
Bluehost is the best choice for WordPress shared hosting, and WordPress managed to host for better performance of your website.
If you’re a start-up or Pro-business owner, then don’t get confused to go with Bluehost now!
If you have any questions, please share your thoughts on the comment.
You can ask me to install WordPress FREE if you use my affiliate URL for Bluehost Hosting plan.
Relevant Recommended Resources:
- Best Dedicated Server Hosting India
- Cheap And Best WordPress Hosting India: 12 Hosting For Newbies!
- Top 5 WordPress Hostings & 16 Website Builders for Startup Photographers!
- Bluehost For Students Hosting: Discount on Free Domain & SSL Now!
- 17 Best Web Hosting Service For Beginners: 82 Industries!
- Bluehost Review For Hosting A Website! [Newbie Bloggers]
Prasenjit Dutta Chowdhury, Known as a @digitalprasen is a digital marketing expert, passionate about SEO & content marketing. He is a blogger, writer, author, consultant, and specific SEO & content marketing expert! He blogs about blogging and Webhosting @Copyproblogger.com and SEO & Content marketing @DigitalPrasen.com/ Prasen is an in-depth research-based blog article WRITER (Selling) for SEO, Blogging, WordPress, Affiliate & Digital Marketing Industry. If you are a beginner, Enroll now for FREE & Premium video training for SEO & Blogging course!